Arlington Abscess Treatment
Have Your Abscess Removed Today!
Have you found a small, tender mass on your body? Different from acne, abscesses are collections of pus, bacteria, and debris. They are often warm and painful to the touch, and they are most commonly found in the armpits, around the anus or vagina, and the lower back.
Abscesses are usually painful and irritating. Unlike acne, an abscess will rarely go away on its own. In most cases, they continue to get worse and spread to other body tissues. If this happens, a fever may develop and you’ll start to feel sick.
How to Remove an Abscess
If an abscess is small, you may be able to treat it at home by applying a warm compress to the area for 30 minutes, 4 times a day. Do not try to pop the abscess like a pimple as this can push the infection further into your body tissue. If the warm compress does not work within a few days, or if you’d rather have the abscess taken care of immediately, a doctor can drain the growth for you.
The abscess treatment process:
- The abscessed area is numbed with a local anesthetic
- The area is sterilized with antiseptic
- A small incision is made in the abscess to drain out the pus and bacteria
- Depending on the size of the abscess, the incision may be bandaged left open so that the infection will die off
- Oral antibiotics may be prescribed to help fight off the infection
Do not attempt to cut open an abscess at home. You could damage a blood vessel and spread the infection to other parts of the body.
Is My Abscess Dangerous?
Abscesses are not usually dangerous in the early stages. However, there are some symptoms that you should keep an eye out for, including:
- An abscess that is larger than 1 cm
- An abscess that continues to grow
- A fever develops along with the abscess
- There are red streaks around the abscess
At Urgentology Care in Arlington, we can drain your abscess today. No appointments are necessary, but if you’d like to avoid wait times, you can contact us at (817) 799-7273 for a same-day appointment.
State-Of-The-Art Clinic With Advanced Medical Tools
Convenience of Appointments & Walk-Ins
Wide Range of Insurance Accepted
Family Friendly Environment
Minimal Wait Times