Arlington Puncture Wound Treatment
We Can Treat Your Injury Today
*If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
Puncture wounds are a forceful injury usually caused by a sharp object that penetrates the skin. In contrast to cuts and lacerations, puncture wounds are much narrower and deeper. They can easily occur from accidents with common household or work items, yard tools, and machinery. While it is true that most puncture wounds are minor and can be treated at home, there are certain times when you need to go to urgent care or an emergency room right away. If you experience a life-threatening injury, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
If you need puncture wound treatment in Arlington, call us at (817) 799-7273 today.
Generally, you should come into Urgentology Care for puncture wounds if:
- You cannot get the wound to stop bleeding, even after applying pressure for up to 10 minutes
- The wound is from an animal or human bite
- The puncture wound is deep, jagged, large, and gapes open
- The area around the wound is red and swollen
- The area around the wound is tingling or numb
- There’s a chance a part of the object that punctured you - such as a broken piece of glass, metal, or wood - is still in the wound
- The object that caused the wound was dirty or penetrated your shoe
- You haven’t had a tetanus shot within the last 5-10 years
Caring for a Puncture Wound
Depending on the object that resulted in your puncture wound, you may need a medical professional to clean the affected area and potentially close it with tape, adhesive, or even stitches. In some cases, you may need antibiotics in order to prevent infection.
Even after you come into Urgentology Care, it is important you keep an eye on puncture wounds and watch for the following signs:
- The skin around the wound is becoming more painful or red
- The wound becomes swollen
- There are red streaks around the wound
- Pus or discharge is draining from the wound
- The wound is not getting any better or healing
- The wound site continues to hurt (this could mean there is debris or a foreign object still inside the wound)
Call Urgentology Care at (817) 799-7273 or contact us online to arrange a same-day appointment for Arlington puncture wound treatment. However, appointments are not necessary and you can walk into our clinic anytime you need care.
THE URGENTOLOGY CARE EXPERIENCESee What Patients Are Saying
“Heard about this place through a friend and decided to give it a try even though I live 25 min away. It was a great choice because the nurses and doctor were very attentive and cared to listen to everything I had to say.”- Rola K.
“Seriously the best urgent care experience could ask for. Above and beyond. Friendly clean and fast!”- Adina L.
“Awesome facility and super fast. Would highly recommend”- Mo I.
Urgentology CareCaring for Families
State-Of-The-Art Clinic With Advanced Medical Tools
Convenience of Appointments & Walk-Ins
Wide Range of Insurance Accepted
Family Friendly Environment
Minimal Wait Times
Need medical help now? See some of the services we provide. If this is an emergency, please call 911.