Arlington Sinusitis Treatment
Are You Experiencing Cold or Flu-Like Symptoms?
The sinuses are hollow cavities in the skull located behind the nose and above the eyes. These cavities are empty except for a thin layer of mucus. However, they can become infected and filled with mucus. This is known as sinusitis, and the symptoms are very similar to that of the common cold or flu. Sinusitis is very common and can affect both adults and children.
The four most common types of sinusitis include:
- Acute sinusitis – a short term infection that lasts between 2 to 4 weeks
- Subacute sinusitis – a more serious infection that can last between 4 to 12 weeks
- Chronic sinusitis – a long-term infection that lasts for 12 weeks or more
- Recurrent sinusitis – an infection that occurs several times a year
If you or a loved one are exhibiting the symptoms of a sinus infection, contact Urgentology Care today to schedule a sinusitis treatment in Arlington.
Symptoms & Treatment Options
Sinusitis will often begin with symptoms similar to a common cold.
Most people experience several symptoms at once, and they may include the following:
- Sore throat
- Eye pain
- Ear pain
- Tenderness or swelling in the face
- Bad breath
- Runny nose
- Facial pain
For mild cases, our Arlington sinusitis treatment will focus on managing the symptoms. Your doctor may recommend a decongestant to help clear out congestion. In more serious cases, antibiotics may be prescribed.
State-Of-The-Art Clinic With Advanced Medical Tools
Convenience of Appointments & Walk-Ins
Wide Range of Insurance Accepted
Family Friendly Environment
Minimal Wait Times