Arlington STD Screening & Treatment
We Treat Patients with Respect & Discretion
While many people are hesitant to discuss their sexual health with a medical professional, doing so could save your life.
Sexually transmitted diseases are spread through intimate physical contact with another person, most commonly through sexual activity, including vaginal, oral, and anal sex. STDs are very common, and often they do not even cause symptoms. It is possible to have an STD without symptoms, then spread it to a partner who could develop serious complications. Your best chance at treating an STD is to get tested as soon as possible. Everyone who is sexually active should be tested.
We value your privacy at Urgentology Care. Come in today for an STD screening. You can also schedule an appointment online.
What Are STDs?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that STD testing and treatment can prevent the spread of these diseases and can vastly improve the health of sexually active individuals. We offer discreet and confidential testing, treatment, and counseling for individuals who are concerned they may have contracted an STD.
Some of the most common STDs include:
- Herpes – Herpes is one of the most well-known and widely spread STDs. It manifests as painful redness and sores on the genital area, thighs, and rectal area. With proper treatment, the body’s immune system is able to fight the symptoms and reduce the number of outbreaks.
- Chlamydia – Chlamydia is a bacterial infection that impacts the reproductive organs, rectum, and throat. Some of the first signs of chlamydia are a burning feeling during urination, pain in the reproductive organs, and abnormal discharge.
- Gonorrhea – Another bacterial infection that affects the reproductive organs, gonorrhea comes with a burning feeling during urination and abnormal discharge from the genital area.
- HPV – HPV, or the human papillomavirus, is spread through intercourse and comes with warts in the genital area. Nearly 100% of cervical cancer is caused by highly active HPV viral strains.
- Syphilis – A bacterial infection spread through intercourse, symptoms of syphilis include small, painless sores, swollen lymph nodes, and a rash on the hands and feet. If syphilis is not caught early and treated, it can lead to serious complications down the road.
- HIV/AIDS – HIV is spread through intercourse or sharing infected needles. The disease attacks the immune system and often manifests as the flu, before worsening and causing a wide range of complications, including death.
How Do You Test for STDs?
Different sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) require different types of tests. The kind of test you receive will depend on the type of STD being tested for. You may have to take a blood sample, urine sample, a swab of the inside of the mouth, a swab of the genitals, a swab of any sores or discharge, or a combination of these.
Here at Urgentology Care, we understand how scary it can be to think you have an STD or STI. We are advocates for your health and will help you address any concerns with the utmost respect and confidentiality. If you think you may have contracted an STD or STI, or have disconcerting symptoms, come see us immediately so we can test you. Our Arlington STD testing and treatment is fast and efficient, seeing most patients within an hour.
State-Of-The-Art Clinic With Advanced Medical Tools
Convenience of Appointments & Walk-Ins
Wide Range of Insurance Accepted
Family Friendly Environment
Minimal Wait Times